Event Logging in Samba 4

Thushara Illangasekara thushara at lankacom.net
Sun Jun 12 22:01:39 MDT 2011

Hi,

I have configured samba 4 as a Domain Controller and its working fine.
But there is one problem with event logs in samba4. I found this samba
wiki page that explain how to setup event logs in samba. Following is
the link of that page.

"http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Event_Logging"

The problem I came up is when I add "eventlog list" line to smb.conf and
restart, it gives following error;

Unknown parameter encountered: "eventlog list"
Ignoring unknown parameter "eventlog list"
Processing section "[netlogon]"
Processing section "[sysvol]"

But when I add the same line in samba3 it wont give any errors.

So is this event log feature is not added to samba4 or did I do some
thing wrong?

Here is my smb.conf in samba4:

[global]
         server role = domain controller
         workgroup = AITKEN
         realm = pdc.abc.lk
         netbios name = PDC
         setup directory = setup/
eventlog list = Application System Security SyslogLinux

[netlogon]
         path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/pdc.abc.lk/scripts
         read only = No

[sysvol]
         read only = No