s3-param Remove special case for global_myname(), rename to lp_netbios_name()

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Jun 9 17:15:04 MDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-06-09 at 15:29 +0200, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> while I like you changes to use lp_netbios_name(), lp_netbios_scope()
> and lp_workgroup()
> directly, I noticed that this changes changed the behavior if someone
> specifies these
> parameters on the command line.
>
> lp_set_cmdline() doesn't cause the
>
> lp_set_cmdline("netbios name", "foo");
> doesn't trigger that
> lp_netbios_name() will return "FOO", which would match the old behavior.
>
> I guess we need something similar to handle_realm() and szRealmUpper.

I'm unable to reproduce this issue.  I've used the attached patch to
demonstrate, and running
bin/testparm --option='netbios name=foo'
and
bin/testparm

prints two upper case NetBIOS names every time.

Can you give me some more details of how you saw this?

(The parameter declaration as P_USTRING should cause an upper case every
time - lp_realm() is a special because Samba4 needs a lower case string
for lp_dnsdomain() as well).

Thanks,