where should smb.conf % macros be supported?

Wed Jun 8 02:24:56 MDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 08, 2011 at 06:20:00PM +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-05-31 at 13:41 +0200, Michael Adam wrote:
> > Hi Andrew,
> >
> > I would very much appreciate if this change could be done
> > (as Volker has already suggested) one parameter per commit.
> >
> > I think it is dangerous to attempt to change too many things
> > in one commit. It will make debugging more difficult if
> > something breaks.
> >
> > Other than that, I agree to making these parameters const!
>
> One important parameter that I missed in the past change 'netbios
> name'.
>
> This seems to have particular code to support % subs, but I would really
> like to have this key parameter constant.
>
> Any thoughts?

Not sure about that one. winbind makes heavy use of it, so %
substitutions don't make a lot of sense there anyway. But
I'm not sure people play tricks with it in non-winbind
security=domain scenarios. But maybe for 4.0 we could call
those tricks invalid.

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9