GSoC 2011: SMB2 protocol support for CIFS Linux kernel module

Pavel Shilovsky piastryyy at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 00:38:33 MDT 2011

Hi there!

This summer I am working on implementation of SMB2 protocol support
for CIFS Linux kernel module.

My project includes several stages:
1) port existing SMB2 code to CIFS Linux kernel modules.
2) adapt parallel and asynchronous infrastructure to work in CIFS modules.
3) implement new SMB2.1 caching semantic.

Now, I am at the first one. For the current date I got
mount/umount/stat operations work correctly (ported all pending smb2
patches on top of current master branch + created three extra ones
mostly related to demultiplex thread and mount codepaths).

You can see updates on smb2-dev and smb2-dev-experimental branches
from my git repo on git.etersoft.ru:
http://git.etersoft.ru/people/piastry/packages?p=cifs-2.6.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/smb2-dev
http://git.etersoft.ru/people/piastry/packages/?p=cifs-2.6.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/smb2-dev-experimental

As the next steps, I am going to reconsider mid structure and start
working on inode/file operations.

--
Best regards,
Pavel Shilovsky.