A small patch to expose init_stat_ex_from_stat to get ready for the Ceph userspace client Samba VFS

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 11:51:25 MDT 2011

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 11:24 PM, Volker Lendecke
<Volker.Lendecke at sernet.de> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 06, 2011 at 10:57:50AM -0700, Richard Sharpe wrote:
>> attached is a small, hopefully uncontroversial, patch that exposes
>> int_stat_ex_from_stat to get ready for the Ceph userspace client Samba
>> VFS that we have been developing. That VFS basically seems to work (in
>> concert with vfs_xattr and so forth) but I want to do more testing
>> before pushing anything.
>>
>> This patch is against v3-5-test from reasonably recently. Is that
>> acceptable or should I also or instead send one based on v3-6-test or
>> whatever.
>
> Looks good to me. Can you send a git format-patch style
> patch against master?

OK, I seem to have run into a problem where a definition of struct
stat is needed in proto.h, which suggests that an "#include
<sys/stat.h>" is needed before proto.h is included (in includes.h).

What is the _correct_ way to fix this problem?

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe