S4 - Last password change

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Thu Jun 2 09:05:25 MDT 2011

> Yes - someone else mentioned that idea.
>
> But you're right - I want to use S4 to start enforcing password
> complexity and aging, so I will want everyone to pick new passwords.

Well you'll run into the problem that people will do fooBAR123, then
fooBAR124, ... at least on some of them.

We run into this problem and the only way I can see is to write a module
in samba that plugs into the password changes function to forbid too
close from the previous one password. Not too easy (otherwise I would
have done it already), but I think it's doable.

Matthieu.

--
Matthieu Patou
Samba Team        http://samba.org