S4 - Last password change

Michael Wood esiotrot at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 08:28:45 MDT 2011

On 2 June 2011 14:06, Brian C. Huffman <bhuffman at etinternational.com> wrote:
> On 06/02/2011 08:02 AM, Matthieu Patou wrote:
[...]
>> Yeah kindof, and why not import your current password database in Samba4 ?
>>
> I'm coming from all unix-based passwords.  My understanding is that without
> knowing the passwords, I can not import the md5 hash-based passwords into
> S4.

Try running Crack or John the Ripper or something against them and you
might find you can cut down on the number of people you need to chase
to change their passwords ;)

On the other hand, you might want to get them to change their
passwords to something less crackable.

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>