Error in ctdb transactions (commit 84e5a55a)

Michael Adam obnox at samba.org
Thu Jul 28 02:05:47 MDT 2011

Hi Rusty,

the commit you are referring to, is in ctdb's example client
implementation of ctdb transactions. This code is not used
anywhere in production (if I am not mistaken). The ctdb
client implementation is only used in ctdb's selftest.

Samba has its own client  implementation which was rewritten
after that commit.  There was a similar change in the
samba-implementation (which is in source3/lib/dbwrap_ctdb.c), but
the rewrite using a global lock (g_lock) was done after that.
I knew that the ctdb client should have been rewritten
and the code for the transactions unified (and more of it
put in the server, possibly), but I did not yet get the time
to work on that... :-)

I am going to have a look at the samba implementation to check
if it would still suffer from the same problem. More later...

Cheers - Michael