Is waf used for building Samba 3.6.x on Master or is make still used?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Jul 20 19:48:48 MDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-07-20 at 11:36 -0700, Richard Sharpe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am working on porting the Ceph libceph VFS to master and noticed an
> autogen-waf.sh.
>
> Should I be using waf for building or make?

We have three build systems that are in use in master, and enforced by
autobuild at the moment.

 - top level build (builds all of Samba, waf)
 - s3-waf (builds source3 with waf, but doesn't run make test)
 - autotools/make (builds source3)

All these (plus the support libs etc) must build and all except s3-waf
must test correctly for a patch to make it into master.

See script/autobuild.py for a sane way to test everything at once.