Group Policy not working + other problems

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Sun Jul 17 07:50:58 MDT 2011

On 17/07/2011 14:42, James Rhodes wrote:
> smb.conf:http://codepad.org/WmjkASIa
> ldbsearch output:http://codepad.org/JokbT5mn
>
> Judging from the output of ldbsearch, the computer object is MAIN$
> (which fits in with the intended main.redpoint.int), while Samba 4
> seems to be looking for REDPOINT$.  This looks like it might be tying
> into the Kerberos querying problem above.
Your config is quite strange I don't know where you get it.

A config from a provision should look like:
[global]
     server role = domain controller
     workgroup = MATWS
     realm = home.matws.net
     netbios name = ARES
     private dir = /home/mat/workspace/samba/homematwsnet/private
     lock dir = /home/mat/workspace/samba/homematwsnet

So I would recommand to change the netbios name from REPOINT to MAIN (as
it seems to be in your config) and to add realm= repoint.int in the
config file.

Let us know.

Matthieu

--