GSoC 2011: SMB2 protocol support for CIFS Linux kernel module

Pavel Shilovsky piastryyy at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 08:23:53 MDT 2011

The last changes from smb2-dev branch on git.etersoft.ru
(http://git.etersoft.ru/people/piastry/packages/?p=cifs-2.6.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/smb2-dev):
1) includes changes from 3rd version of demultiplex patchset (posted
to linux-cifs list).
2) cifs and smb2 code use common mid_q_entry structure.
3) cifs_mkdir operation moved to an approach where we have
cifs_mkdir_generic that call either cifs_mkdir or smb2_mkdir depending
on the protocol version.

Next, I am going to spread the approach from cifs_mkdir_generic to
others inode operations I touched before (unlink and rmdir) and to
think about getting rid of smb2 mid related dublicate routines.

--
Best regards,
Pavel Shilovsky.