single valued attribute and deleted link tracking

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Sun Jul 3 12:20:07 MDT 2011

Dear all,

I'm facing a bug: I tried to dcpromo once and so I have a server entry
like this:

CN=S1-W2K3R2,CN=SERVERS,CN=DEFAULT-FIRST-SITE-NAME,CN=SITES,DC=HOME,DC=MATWS,DC=NET
with a serverReference which has a deleted link value (RMD_FLAGS=1),
when trying to dcpromo one more time I get the error: Attribute already
exists because the code in source4/lib/ldb/ldb_tdb/ldb_tdb.c checks that
if it's single valued attribute then we can't add another value.

We have a kind of relax in
source4/dsdb/samdb/ldb_modules/repl_meta_data.c but applies only to
linked attributes received from drs. My proposal is to use the function
dsdb_check_single_valued_link and then set
LDB_FLAG_INTERNAL_DISABLE_SINGLE_VALUE_CHECK so that ldb_tdb.c don't
make the single value check.

Can someone ack my patch ?

--
Matthieu Patou