samba4 kinit failure, active directory and shares working

David Lindauer david at otlayi.com
Sun Jan 30 11:51:25 MST 2011

Nice, kinit is successfully granting tickets and klist verifies they're
active now.  Thanks =)

Now with an active ticket and restarting, Samba logs (were previously
are still) showing: [Sun Jan 30 13:42:09 2011 EST, 0
../../lib/util/util_runcmd.c:288:samba_runcmd_io_handler()]
/usr/local/samba/sbin/samba_dnsupdate: Check your Kerberos ticket, it
may have expired.

Trying to connect to AD through Server Manager or AD Administrative
Center are both showing that they're trying to connect but fail.  They
resolve the domain/workgroup, however I notice Server Manager (in the
beginning) popped up right away and connected to the logged in account's
AD, now it pops up or I have to manually connect to a computer.  Admin
Center shows "Canot find an available server in the MYDOMAIN domain that
is running the Active Directory Web Service (ADWS).  It's possible
Samba4 won't connect to Administrative Center, not a program I've messed
around with but figured it wouldn't hurt to try a different pc with
additional and alternate configs.

--
David Lindauer
Director of Operations