Depricate auth parameters in 3.6, remove in master?

Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer mdw at samba.org
Fri Jan 28 04:20:11 MST 2011

Michael and others,

Michael Adam wrote:
> Hi Matthieu,
>
>> To my mind when I see how things are changing I see no reasons
>> why the team wouldn't keep to opportunity of releasing a 3.7 as
>> we do not have an idea of when 4.0 will be released or do we ?
>>
> This is precisely what I tried to say, that I don't really think
> that there will be no 3.7  release and that we should take such
> radical measures in master only when when we know for sure that
> the next release will not be a 3.(x+1) but a 4.0.

the repeated move tentatives for the common s3+s4 release demonstrate
certain difficulties.

I'm thinking that the real issue lies in some kind of fear in respect to
s4. As long as this one isn't to be overcome especially from the s3 side
I see no way to build this mentioned combined release.

Either we really start to address the concerns (I hope that there is a
list) and make some compromises or otherwise we will never come together.

Cheers,
Matthias