Depricate auth parameters in 3.6, remove in master?

Björn Jacke bj at SerNet.DE
Fri Jan 28 03:58:20 MST 2011

Hi Andrew,

apart from the discussion whether or not there will be another 3.x release,
some cleanups would be fine I think, no matter if they end up first time in a
3.7 or 4.0 release.

On 2011-01-28 at 12:09 +1000 Andrew Bartlett sent off:
> security=share (per the discussion)

+1

> username (only part of security=share username guessing)

+1

> security=server

+1

> encrypt passwords = no

not sure how many people actually still use this. I think I'd like to keep
this.

> password level

+1 !!!

> update encrypted

like "encrypt passwords"...

> use spnego = no

+1 - I'm not aware of real use cases.

> server schannel = no

seems Windows NT4 before SP4 didn't support netlogon schannel, so at lease
"server schannel = auto" functionality should be kept.

> auth methods

not sure ...

> enable privileges = no

+1

> domain master = yes (when domain logons = no, ie not a DC)

making them conflict would be good I think.

> null passwords = yes (the meaning of the ACB_NOPWREQ isn't what we
> thought it was)

+1

Cheers
Björn