Depricate auth parameters in 3.6, remove in master?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Jan 28 00:27:08 MST 2011

On Fri, 2011-01-28 at 07:48 +0100, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 12:09:05PM +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> > I would like to remove in master (for the 4.0 release) the following
> > parameters, and to give our users fair warning, I would like these
> > marked as deprecated in 3.6:
>
> Do you really want that? It would make life miserable for
> the S3 developers to keep a 3.x release stream going.

The reason I asked was to find this out.  As I asked Jeremy on IRC: when
will Samba 3.6 really branch?  It isn't my intention to make 3.6
development difficult, but similarly if I am to help prepare for a 4.0
release, there needs to be a time when these changes are acceptable in
master.

In the very short term, I just need the deprecation markers added for
3.6, but I would like to do this work before SambaXP, and there isn't
that much development time between now and then.

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.