kill security=share and security=server

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Wed Jan 26 18:27:56 MST 2011

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 11:20:03AM +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> It looks good, except that I don't think the _lp_security() function is
> right.  I think the override needs to be in the lp_load_ex(), before the
> set_server_role().  Otherwise, I think we will print the warning each
> time we call lp_security(), rather than just on each smb.conf load.
> (Which is more common?)

No, I don't think so. Remember, lp_security() can now *never*
return SEC_SHARE. So if we haven't read the smb.conf yet the
default is SEC_USER, so that doesn't print the message. If
we have read the smb.conf then we print the message once,
then set the lp_security() call sets the value of Globals.security
from SEC_SHARE back to SEC_USER - so that code never gets
called again (the _lp_security() call in lp_security()
will now always return SEC_USER).

Let me know if you still disagree with this analysis.

Jeremy.