Dependencies for samba4?

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at vernstok.nl
Sun Jan 23 00:53:59 MST 2011

On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 02:41:23PM +0800, Ng Oon-Ee wrote:
> On Sat, 2011-01-22 at 22:04 -0800, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:

> > > Thanks Jelmer, unfortunately the reason for keeping the samba4 package I
> > > have is that its to be used with openchange, which still recommends
> > > alpha13. I do recall some other advise on this list that alpha14 would
> > > work though, so I guess I will test this out soon. Thanks.
> > If you're using a packaged version there shouldn't be a need to
> > run ./autogen.sh, as configure should already be present in the tarball.

> > That said, even in alpha 13 autogen.sh created a configure file for waf,
> > not for autoconf. Are you sure you are running alpha13 and/or not
> > running another command than autogen.sh ?
> I use autogen.sh followed by configure (where I use a prefix). I assume
> from your reply that this isn't the correct way. I can't remember the
> source I was following, but the way I've been doing it has worked till
> now. Attached below.
Ah, I didn't realize you were running autogen.sh for the included
libraries.

> 	cd ${srcdir}/samba-${_realver}/lib/tdb
> 	./autogen.sh
> 	./configure --prefix=${_prefix}/samba
> 	make
> 	make DESTDIR="$pkgdir/" install
> 	make realdistclean
You really shouldn't build tdb and tevent standalone from the s4 source tarball. If
you'd like to build them standalone I would recommend downloading the
related individual project tarballs.

We should probably strip out the build files for the other projects in
the standalone s4 release tarballs.

Cheers,

Jelmer