Fw: Samba 4 - very long login time on Windows 7

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Thu Jan 20 15:15:49 MST 2011

On 21/01/2011 00:26, fatman wrote:
>> Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 22:02:09 +0000
>> From: fatman<fatman at crackmonkey.us>
>> To: mat at samba.org
>> Cc: samba-technical at lists.samba.org
>> Subject: Re: Samba 4 - very long login time on Windows 7
>>
>> On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 17:05:05 -0700
>> samba-technical-request at lists.samba.org wrote:
>>
>>> From: Matthieu Patou<mat at samba.org>
>>> To: samba-technical at lists.samba.org
>>> Subject: Re: Samba 4 - very long login time on Windows 7
>>> Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 23:29:43 +0300

>>> please provide us tcpdump traces between your s4 server and your
>>> client (1 is sufficient).
>> Now I'll get a tcpdump trace.
> I've got a login trace. This time it only took 6 minutes.
>
> I would include a logout trace but I think it synchronised the profile,
> which means the logout trace is huge.
>
> I'm hosting the login trace here:
> https://dreamtrack.dnsalias.com/downloads/login-trace.7z
It seems that you are using roaming profiles, have you made the test
without ?
And also the trace shows no activity on the network between 0:50  to
6:08, do you have anything suspect in the windows logs ?

Also it seems that the trace is not complete, can you make a trace from
the moment when the workstation boot ?

Matthieu.

--
Matthieu Patou