Samba 4 Global catalog

William Brown william.e.brown at adelaide.edu.au
Wed Jan 19 18:05:45 MST 2011

On 20/01/2011, at 07:18, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> On Thu, 2011-01-20 at 00:24 +1030, William Brown wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am currently running samab4. I have been investingating some
>> functionality of the global catalog. It seems that the global catalog
>> does not have an SSL port, unlike the windows version of AD on port
>> 3269. Is this an error in my configuration, or is it just not
>> implemented yet. (Its not running in sockstat either)
>
> Adding this should just be a fairly trivial addition to
> source4/ldap_server/ldap_server.c, much like the existing LDAPS server,
> but marked with the GC flag.
>
> Do you want to try and implement a patch?

Yes I would like to try, and to start contributing more. I will try to come up with a patch in the next few days (Work allowing of course)

> Andrew Bartlett
>
> --
> Andrew Bartlett                                http://samba.org/~abartlet/
> Authentication Developer, Samba Team           http://samba.org
> Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.

William Brown

Research & Teaching, Technology Services
The University of Adelaide, AUSTRALIA 5005

CRICOS Provider Number 00123M
IMPORTANT: This message may contain confidential or legally privileged
information. If you think it was sent to you by mistake, please delete all
copies and advise the sender. For the purposes of the SPAM Act 2003, this
email is authorised by The University of Adelaide.

pgp.mit.edu