Invalid file handle error when sambashare is opened.

ranji ranjith.rajendran at wipro.com
Tue Jan 18 20:15:12 MST 2011

I could somewhat figure it out:
As per my previous post : I was starting samba services(i.e., smbd, nmbd
,winbindd )BEFORE performing  AD/Domain join(i.e., net ads join,net rpc
join....).
That is to say,Winbindd was not able to perform ntlm_password fro PAM module
and was getting failed there as we can see in the log.

[2010/12/20 12:00:51,  5] auth/auth.c:check_ntlm_password(272)
  check_ntlm_password: winbind authentication for user [Administrator]
FAILED with error NT_STATUS_INVALID_HANDLE
[2010/12/20 12:00:51,  2] auth/auth.c:check_ntlm_password(318)
.

So this winbindd works fine until reboot.!!

Solution proposed: Start the samba services(smbd nmbs,winbindd) AFTER
performing AD/Doamin join(net ads,net rpc...).

With the above solution,STATUS_INVALID_HANDLE is not occuring after
reboot..!!

Pls suggest weather doing this way is fine!!