Sorting Filenames - SMB

Francesco Alfano edacedpa at yahoo.it
Tue Jan 18 03:10:07 MST 2011

Hello,

I'm using samba 3.0.33-3.29.el5_5.1 on a linux system and accessing the
shares on a windows 2k client.

To me it looks like file names are not sorted when accessing them via
samba shares, but it's works on samba 3.0.24

If i do a dir c: for instance filenames are sorted, but if I do the same
on a samba share using a Visula Basic 6 program they are not sorted.
This causes some problems for me and I'd like to know if there is a way
to make either windows sort them
on its own (not in the explorer, but for every programm accessing these
shares! ) or make samba sort them before sending them to the windows
machine.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards