mapping SYNCHRONIZE permission in NTFS ACL for ZFS

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Tue Jan 11 18:03:05 MST 2011

On Tue, 11 Jan 2011, Jeremy Allison wrote:

> Hmmm. Yes. I was going to recommend leaving it alone on set, but if it's
> really being defined as a server-side NO-OP then there's really no need.

A more general implementation would be to leave it set if it is set, but
not set it otherwise, but that would be more complicated. As far as I can
tell the function which is called to set the acl is passed the windows acl
and the file name with no knowledge of the existing acl. To maintain the
sync bit if set it would need to read in the existing acl and do a
comparision between the old and new. Possible, but doesn't really seem
worth the effort.

> Can you do me a favour, and log a bug against 3.5.6 on bugzilla.samba.org
> so I can add in the patch for 3.6.0 and a future 3.5.x release ?

Will do, thanks...

--
Paul B. Henson  |  (909) 979-6361  |  http://www.csupomona.edu/~henson/
Operating Systems and Network Analyst  |  henson at csupomona.edu
California State Polytechnic University  |  Pomona CA 91768