Some patches for s4

Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer mdw at samba.org
Sun Jan 9 03:59:53 MST 2011

Jelmer,

I've analysed the build output from buildfarm host "opi"
(http://build.samba.org/build.cgi/build/cb8fdba81b06cfea1d0dd121f8e8311610f893a6)
which revealed some interesting issues in our code. I've followed the
possible uninitialised variable warnings - where of course the most part
are false-positives (due to special flag dependant initialisations) but
some are serious.

Therefore I propose these patches:
http://gitweb.samba.org/samba.git/?p=mdw/samba.git;a=log;h=refs/heads/tmp

Some might not be strictly necessary but they make the code easier to
understand. In particular I'm interested in your opinion of patch
http://gitweb.samba.org/samba.git/?p=mdw/samba.git;a=commitdiff;h=7a70eb757b81f16d96ab29035b927d4cb9c34d8c
- since this won't be really correct - I hope that you are able to fix
it in the right way.

Cheers,
Matthias