samba-tool fsmo seize problem

tms3 at tms3.com tms3 at tms3.com
Sat Jan 8 13:06:48 MST 2011

Yes, well if that's the case the format for the parameter is a mystery
to me:

tannoy# /usr/local/samba/bin/samba-tool fsmo seize role=all
host=CN=NTDS,Settings,CN=TANNOY,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=tms3,DC=com
Usage: (show | transfer <options> | seize <options>)

tannoy# /usr/local/samba/bin/samba-tool fsmo seize role=all
host=ldap://tannoy.tms3.com
Usage: (show | transfer <options> | seize <options>)

> I think you are transferring roles to the DC that is a role master
> already.

Well that may be the effect of the command as issued, but I am unable
to "guess" at the correct syntax of the command, which is kinda what
I'm looking for.
;)