ldap stronger authentication required error after upgrade

Aaron Solochek aarons-samba at aberrant.org
Fri Jan 7 16:29:01 MST 2011

I'm assuming this has to do with my upgrade of samba4 to the latest source (as
of a few days ago), since that's all that's changed in my setup.

When I try to browse ldap from Luma, I can see the
CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=foo,DC=bar

but when I try to view
DC=foo,DC=bar I get the error:

"info: 00002028: Strong auth required - Operation unavailable without
authentication"
"desc: Strong(er) authentication required"

So what changed that would cause this, and how to fix it?  I have a wiki that
was authenticating against ldap, and now no one can log in.

Thanks.

-Aaron