Olf fashioned 'anonynous' FTP 'incoming' directory

TAKAHASHI Motonobu monyo at monyo.com
Thu Jan 6 10:56:11 MST 2011

2011/1/7 Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer at vernstok.nl>:
>> Hmm - trying this gives me a denied on the very mount itself (due to the 1777 of the directory). And looking at the log level all:99 output - that is because /ssome/where/incoming does not allow opendir() by the default smbd daemon.
> What version of Samba are you running ? I think TAKAHASHI Motonobu's
> configuration snippet is for Samba 3.

I tested on Samba 3.5.6.
The original question does not assume Samba 4, I think.

2011/1/7 Dirk-Willem van Gulik <Dirk-Willem.van.Gulik at bbc.co.uk>:
> Tested on Version 3.0.37. Error is on mount - 'incoming' shown in the share list; xs denied on mount (regardless of mounting user, just post smbd/service.c:make_connection_snum(1042)  connect to service hidden2 xxx as user yy (uid=x, gid=x) (pid x)'.

I tested to connect from a Windows XP client to the share and copy a text file.
I found the file just copied can not appear in the folder, but if I
type 'type file.txt', then the
content of the file is displayed.

Your 'cifs' means mount with mount.cifs?

---
TAKAHASHI Motonobu <monyo at samba.gr.jp>