Code to replace the unexpected.tdb file

idra at samba.org idra at samba.org
Thu Jan 6 01:35:46 MST 2011

On Thu, Jan 06, 2011 at 09:03:44AM +0100, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 06, 2011 at 01:58:00PM +1100, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> > Yes, just like the NTP signd pipe (which Samba4 provides).
>
> So, what is your concrete proposal, and what is your
> proposal for the configuration option?

I guess we could make it a build option, and let distros put it where they
want. I am not too worried about consistency here as mush as having a way to
avoid /tmp because otherwise distros will have to patch the tree themselves.

If we can  bundled this compile option so that the winbindd pipes can be moved
as well at the same time I will be most happy, as it means I will be able to
drop one more RH/Fedora specific patch :)

Simo.

Simo Sorce       idra at samba.org