Code to replace the unexpected.tdb file

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Jan 5 16:50:35 MST 2011

On Wed, 2011-01-05 at 15:56 -0700, idra at samba.org wrote:

> > > Is there a particular reason the pipe needs to be in /tmp/.nmbd?  The
> > > clients that intend to use this will be samba processes, that have
> > > already read the smb.conf, so can't this be in lockdir or similar?

> /var/lib/samba or similar is a better choice for this kind of thing.

The other consideration is that where multiple different smbd and nmbd
instances are in use, with bind interfaces only set (wintest for
example), it is important to have all our operations in a per-instance
subdirectory.  Being per-prefix also avoids the need to special case the
handling of this on the build farm.

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.