Samba 4 error in module acl: insufficient access rights (50)

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Jan 5 14:50:19 MST 2011

On Wed, 2011-01-05 at 14:52 -0600, Taylor, Jonn wrote:
> So what is the correct way to update samba 4?

Simply install the new version, pointing at the old databases.  As I
mentioned in the URL quoted, an upgradeprovision run is not normally
required.

http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2010-September/073610.html

We don't have any hard-and-fast rules on this.  At the moment it is
generally a case of 'if it does not work, and it's been a long time, try
the upgradeprovision'.  We realise it's not ideal, but there are many
different possible combinations, and we have not yet determined and
documented which ones need the attention of upgradeprovision.

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.