[Samba] Migrating domain in Windows 2000 (without extension) to SLES Samba4 Got!.

Michael Wood esiotrot at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 12:04:31 MST 2011

Hi

On 5 January 2011 10:14, Rafa Toucedo <debian.vigo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, Previously I've come to the list asking how to pass a domain
> name (without
> extension) in Windows 2000 to S4. Finally I managed to pass an AD domain with
> no extension of a Windows 2000 server running Samba 4 without losing
> the customer
> profiles.
>
> I created a virtual machine Windows 2003 (Xen) as an intermediate step and I
> migrated the domain without extension (domain) to 2003 with extension (
> domain.ext) and then migrate to Samba 4 and assign the roles, I've put into
> production and I've replaced more than 200 windows 2000 for SLES 11 ...
> greetings

I am not entirely sure what you are saying, but samba-technical (which
I have copied) is the place to report success or problems with samba 4
while it is still in Alpha.

When you say "domain name without extension", do you mean EXAMPLE vs.
EXAMPLE.COM?  It seems by "passing" you mean "migrating"?

Anyway, congratulations with replacing all those Windows machines :)

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>