Installation (nearly) successful (Version 4.0.0alpha15-GIT-659bb64)

Jonathan Robinson jonathansemails at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 1 06:41:52 MST 2011

I thought I'd have a play with Samba 4 (alpha15), and set up a virtual
machine using VMWare server with an installation of Ubuntu 10.10.

Came across these nice instructions:

http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/HOWTO

and followed them.  Hit a few problems with Apparmor but these are all
solved now.  My current issue is running:

host -t A samba.nt.jonathansweb.me.uk.

to which I get:

Host samba.nt.jonathansweb.me.uk. not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

I've looked through /var/log/messages and can't find any new error messages
related to bind.

I skipped this error and thought I'd run through the rest of the
instructions to see what would happen.  Everything else worked up to after
joining the domain.  Managed to successfully join a Win 2008 R2 machine but
it won't login.  Error message is: "There are currently no logon servers to
service the request".

Any help would be appreciated :o)

Thanks,

Jonathan