[vlendec at samba.org: [SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch master updated]

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Mon Feb 28 17:18:43 MST 2011

Hi Volker,

 > Attached find a patch on top of the poll backend. It fixes
 > some warnings in the poll code.
 >
 > What do you think?

I think the suggestion from Metze to use a talloc structure declared
inside tevent_poll.c would be better. The epoll and standard backends
use additional_data in that way (see struct std_event_context and
struct epoll_event_context), and then use talloc_get_type() to confirm
the type, which is a nice bonus.

The tevent_poll.c code is really the odd one out with its cast of
additional_data as an int. I agree we should get rid of that.

Cheers, Tridge