[vlendec at samba.org: [SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch master updated]

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Mon Feb 28 15:06:27 MST 2011

Hi Volker,

> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 05:50:09PM +0100, Volker Lendecke wrote:
>> The attached patchset removes the use of select from Samba
>> with two exceptions. There are calls with NULL and empty
>> args that are essentially msleep equivalents. And there is
>> the tevent select and standard backends.
>
> Attached find a patch on top of the poll backend. It fixes
> some warnings in the poll code.
>
> What do you think?

I think it would be nicer to have a poll specific talloced structure,
which contains 'int idx'.

That way we don't need to change external callers like samba-gtk:
http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=samba-gtk.git;a=blob;f=common/gtk_events.c

I hope to get some time in the next days to think about a more generic
fallback from epoll to poll in the standard backend.

metze