SMB2 in Samba4 status?

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Sun Feb 27 19:58:20 MST 2011

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 08:53:51AM +0700, Uy Van wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I'm looking for SMB2 implement status in Samba4, and testing in from GIT
> right now.
> But unfortunately, SMB2 in samba4 not work well. I cannot rename folder/
> file. I also cannot copy file with size > 1MB to samba, and also cannot
> read file > 1MB from samba. Delete file from samba is OK. If not enable
> SMB2, all are work fine.
>
> Since copy/rename is "basic" function I think. So, I wonder if it is a
> current status of SMB2 in SAMBA4 right now, or I missing any configure?

You're going to have to wait until the fileserver code in the source3
directory is merged over to get full SMB2 support in Samba4. The code
in source3 for SMB2 is identical to what will be released in 3.6.0 and
is being tested with the Microsoft test suite, and I know at least
one site using it in production, so I'm pretty confident about it.

Jeremy.