Upgrade provision error

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Wed Feb 23 21:59:49 MST 2011

On Thursday, February 24, 2011 01:54:02 pm Rohit Rajan wrote:
> i'm trying to upgrade my samba provision from Version
> 4.0.0alpha14-GIT-cd04af7 on CentOS release 5.5 (Final) with Python 2.4.3
> to git pull of 5ec284d
I'm not sure that updateprovision is really supported for anything except
upgrading from one released version to the next. You probably shouldn't try
upgrading from one arbitrary git checkout to another unless this is just for
testing.

> its giving an error as below
>
>   source4]# ./scripting/bin/upgradeprovision --full
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "./scripting/bin/upgradeprovision", line 36, in ?
>      import ldb
> ImportError: No module named ldb
Without context, it is hard to know for sure, but perhaps:
1. you didn't build the python modules (or didn't install them)
2. PYTHONPATH isn't set correctly in your environment
3. You are using a different environment than your environment (e.g. su or sudo
is killing the PYTHONPATH).

Brad