[Samba] Access to s3 shares when userPrincipalName differs from the sAMAccountName

Angelos Oikonomopoulos angelos.oikonomopoulos at fp-commerce.de
Tue Feb 22 08:36:56 MST 2011

On 02/16/2011 05:07 PM, Angelos Oikonomopoulos wrote:
> After Andrew kindly confirmed it was not a problem with my configuration
> and hinted that the correct approach would most likely be to modify s3
> to not use the kerberos user principal name, I tried the attached
> trivial patch to the test s3 fileserver. With this patch, accounts with
> long usernames can access the share without any issues.

BTW, I should note that this patch is against the samba 3.5.6~dfsg-3
from debian squeeze. It will not apply to master, as the relevant code
has been somewhat refactored. I hope I'll be able to port it to the
latest version and submit it for inclusion to master, but I'm not sure
when I'll make the time.

JFYI,
Aggelos