Data corruption problem

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Feb 10 23:19:56 MST 2011

On Thu, 2011-02-10 at 23:34 -0600, Wayne Walker wrote:
> Thank you for all the work you guys do!
>
> First, I'm not certain whether this is samba, the linux cifs driver, or
> something else.  I've done as much as I can to verify it.  Here is what
> I've done and a few questions at the bottom about what I can do to
> gather more data.

> 2. Any other ideas on what I can do to gather more data to differentiate
> between bad-app, fs/cifs, samba, or other-element-in-the-chain?

Perhaps upgrade Samba to the current 3.5 release or git master?  I'm not
saying that we know of a bug in CentOS 5.5's Samba version, but it's
quite old now, and it's the easy part to change.

Other than that, with a subject like this one, I suspect you will find
that the file server experts on the team (that's not me!) will certainly
want to work with you to narrow this down.

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.