using rpccli_srvsvc_NetSrvGetInfo or alternative??

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Feb 10 14:03:23 MST 2011

On Wed, 2011-02-09 at 11:24 +0100, Stef Bon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've posted here before, about the way to test a server is "online",
> and if not interpret the reason why.
>
> Is the call rpccli_srvsvc_NetSrvGetInfo a good one, or are the better
> alternatives??
>
> The netbiosname is present, also the ipv4address, as well as the way
> to auth (guest, public/private credent. or kerberos)
>
> Thanks in advance.

I don't see how you came to look at that particular call.  If you can
execute it (or indeed, almost any other call), then it seems to me that
the server is fully online - but if you can't then it isn't.

Why not just connect to a share, and note how much progress you make in
doing so?

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.