Idmap changes in 3.6

Karolin Seeger kseeger at samba.org
Wed Feb 9 13:52:07 MST 2011

Hi Micha,

On Fri, Feb 04, 2011 at 03:22:19PM +0100, Michael Adam wrote:
> Opinions?

usually, I don't like changes that are not backward compatible, but maybe
it's the right thing in this case. Crystal clear hints in the release
notes and perfect documentation are mandatory to avoid further idmapping
psychoses! :-)

Also, I would love to see Simo commenting on this one.

Are there any setups that would not be supported any longer in Samba 3.6?

Michael, please do provide a schedule for your changes.
My problem is that 3.6.0pre2 depends on this decision. That's why I do
need authoritative information asap.

In my opinion, it does not make sense to ship 3.6 with the current
idmapping and to touch it again in 3.7. That's why I would prefer to wait
for the patches before going on with the 3.6 release cycle.

Cheers,
Karo

--
Samba			http://www.samba.org