removing make oldtest

Guenther Deschner gd at samba.org
Tue Feb 8 12:36:04 MST 2011

Hi,

given that we switched to perl based selftest.pl for "make test" since a
while on the buildfarm, can we finally remove "make oldtest" from
Makefile.in ? Is anyone still using it ? I want to work on more complex
member server testing and the need to maintain the two test systems is
quite cumbersome.

There were problems enabling debugging in the new "make test" in the
past but these issues were all resolved to my knowledge and we also have
some good pieces of documentation now on the wiki:
http://wiki.samba.org/index.php /Writing_Torture_Tests#Running_tests
covering a lot of aspects of running tests.

So, any votes against removing make oldtest ?

Thanks,
Guenther
--
Günther Deschner                    GPG-ID: 8EE11688
Red Hat                         gdeschner at redhat.com
Samba Team                              gd at samba.org