Top level build now in master

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Feb 6 21:32:56 MST 2011

There is now a top level 'configure' and 'Makefile' in master.

This builds Samba4 at the moment, and as discussed tridge and I will
work to have waf build will soon grow to build components of the whole
Samba 4.0 suite in the near future.

The Makefile and configure wrappers in source4/ will shortly be removed,
so if you have automated scripts that use these, please update them in
the next few days, so we don't have to keep a 4th build system in
operation for too long.  (autobuild already uses the top level build)

The move to the top level build has also found and fixed a number of
interesting bugs where we assumed that 'make test' was run from the
source4 directory.  We now make better use of the dynconfig mechanism to
have the in-tree binaries know about in-tree paths, and to ensure that
out of tree binaries don't look in '.' for data files.

The build farm will be carefully watched over the next day or so, to
ensure we have handled all the cases correctly.

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.