ld.so.preload of libmediaclient.so is *very* harmful

Fri Feb 4 05:01:59 MST 2011

On Fri, Feb 04, 2011 at 12:52:25PM +0100, Markus Rechberger wrote:
> it only intercepts calls to /dev/videoN, /dev/radioN, /dev/dspN,
> /dev/dvb, everything else will go
> straight to a syscall eg. syscall(SYS_open, __file, __oflag, mode);
>
> I can imagine that this is even faster than with libc itself since the
> libc comes later in the chain.

How do you handle the case where glibc might develop a
faster mechanism for one of the calls the lib intercepts to
avoid the syscall at all, like it has for example happened
with gettimeofday? Would users still be able to benefit from
this performance improvement?

With best regards,

Volker Lendecke

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9