Any pointer or protips on education / where to start to diagnose extended acl issues?

Hammitt, Charles Allen chammitt at email.unc.edu
Thu Feb 3 13:30:22 MST 2011

userA has read access via an extended acl to a particular directory;
userB has read access via an extended acl to that same directory;

userA granted read access via nfs;
userB granted read access via nfs;

userA granted read access via samba;
userB denied read access via samba;

i.e. Sometime it works, sometimes it doesn't...

So I guess the question is: where to start to diagnose extended acl issues?  I apologize for my ignorance, but this is the original question.