Zero-copy patch

Jacky Lam jlam at vixs.com
Tue Feb 1 07:03:06 MST 2011

I am curious about that as well. But I have double check most of the time spending while writing to samba server is that two splice call. And the kernel profile is showing that __copy_user() is using 25% CPU time during that period of time.

I don't know if it is platform dependent problem.....have you try to turn on splice and do a kernel profiling?