PATCH : talloc-2.0.1 to add support for static talloc pools

Rusty Russell rusty at rustcorp.com.au
Tue Feb 1 05:57:34 MST 2011

On Wed, 19 Jan 2011 01:19:38 pm Karthick A R wrote:
> Hi,
>  Please find attached a patch that would apply clean on top of talloc 2.0.1
> that adds support for static talloc pools.

Hmm, there are also other allocation patches floating around, I wonder
if it makes sense to consider them as a group.  Here are the CCAN
ones:

1) TALLOC_EXTERNAL: an alternate allocator flag, and any children of a
   TALLOC_EXTERNAL are allocated using the alternate allocator hook.
2) talloc_set_allocator() which replaces malloc/free/realloc for all
   talloc allocations.

The former I use for libantithread, the latter for failtest.  But I
think the former could be used to implement static pools.

Thoughts?
Rusty.