Failure joining Windows 2008R2 RODC to Samba4

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Feb 1 04:10:22 MST 2011

Just a heads up.  In my wintest, I can't get Windows 2008R2 to join
Samba4 current GIT (plus heimdal update) as an RODC.

It fails to find a working RW DC.

I have captures and a keytab (attached), and am looking into it, but I
wanted to mention it in case someone else also found the same failure
(so I can eliminate local environmental issues).

If anyone else wants to look, I would welcome it.  The error appears
around a set of searches over LDAP for DC objects.

The error on the telnet connection is:
Validating environment and parameters...

A domain controller running Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008
R2 could not be located in this domain. To install a read-only domain
controller, the domain must have a domain controller running Windows
Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008 R2.

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.