Gratuitous change from init_samba_module to samba_init_module in master considered bad ...

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 20:23:58 MST 2011

Hi,

It seems that in this commit, or there abouts:
http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=samba.git;a=commit;h=7d33ec3dfe78723d62f4941684060baeb9c4bda6

changed the name of the module init function from init_samba_module
(which it was in Samba 3.5.x and 3.6.x) to samba_init_module. (I think
I have that correct.)

While all Samba VFS modules that are shared objects will be shielded
from this change, all static modules will be forced to make changes
that should not be needed.

Did we really need to make that gratuitous change?

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe