Samba4 BIND DLZ DLOPEN compile errors

Amitay Isaacs amitay at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 00:53:37 MST 2011

HI Aubrey,

On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 4:39 AM, Aubrey Ekstrom
<aekstrom at proclivitysystems.com> wrote:

> I configured the build with the following:
>
> ./configure --build=i386-redhat-linux-gnu --host=i386-redhat-linux-gnu
> --target=i686-redhat-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr
> --bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin --sysconfdir=/etc--datadir=/usr/share
> --includedir=/usr/include --libdir=/usr/lib --libexecdir=/usr/libexec
> --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --with-libtool --localstatedir=/var
> --enable-threads --disable-static --disable-openssl-version-check
> --with-dlz-dlopen --with-gssapi=yes
>
> After extensive searching I have been unable to find any more info. I also
> posted this to the newsgroup where I found that patch, but have not heard
> back. Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Usually you should not need to specify --build/--host/--target options
unless you
are building for some other target other than the build machine. I would suggest
you drop those options.

Also, there is no --with-dlz-dlopen option. It is --with-dlopen.
Similarly, yon don't need --disable-openssl-version-check unless you want to
ignore any warning generated by configure for your version of openssl.

I was able to build successfully with following options.

./configure --with-libtool --enable-threads  --with-dlopen --with-gssapi

So I guess the culprit is --disable-static. Can you check if are able
to build with all the
path options, but without --disable-static?

Amitay.