Samba Permission

SATHYA - IT sathyanarayanan.varadharajan at precisionit.co.in
Sat Dec 17 05:26:29 MST 2011

Hi,

We had configured a clustered file server with (samba + ctdb + gfs2). GFS2
partition is mounted with ACL option. When we create a folder in GFS2
partition (folder been created with force group mode), irrespective of a
user (not a member of force group) being provided with full permission for
the folder, the user is not able to delete or rename the folder created by
him. User can create a file and can also able to update the file. Only
rename / deleting option are getting denied.

Please find the example:

Folder path: /test/abc/

Permission for /test is rwxrwx---+

Permission for /test/abc is rwxrws---+

For abc user been provided with full permission.. Where we were able to find
the permission thro' getfacl command.

Now the user is able to created folder inside the abc folder. But not able
to rename / delete the folder which he created. Can anyone kindly assist on
this.

Thanks

Sathya Narayanan V

Solution Architect

M +91 9940680173 |T +91 44 42199500  | Service Desk +91 44 42199521
SERVICE - In PRECISION IT is a PASSION
Precision Infomatic (M) Pvt Ltd
22, 1st Floor, Habibullah Road, T. Nagar, Chennai - 600 017. India.
 <http://www.precisionit.co.in/> www.precisionit.co.in

This communication may contain confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient it may be unlawful for you to read, copy, distribute, disclose or otherwise use the information contained within this communication..
Errors and Omissions may occur in the contents of this Email arising out of or in connection with data transmission, network malfunction or failure, machine or software error, malfunction, or operator errors by the person who is sending the email.
Precision Group accepts no responsibility for any such errors or omissions. The information, views and comments within this communication are those of the individual and not necessarily those of Precision Group.
All email that is sent from/to Precision Group is scanned for the presence of computer viruses, security issues and inappropriate content. However, it is the recipient's responsibility to check any attachments for viruses before use.